Chris and I had a wedding to go to Friday night down in League City. We had originally planned on leaving both kids with a babysitter. It would have been Robert's first time at a sitter. After trying unsuccessfully to get him down for the night with a bottle the week before, we decided he should probably tag along.
Trying to figure out how to get a bottle in him has been tough. First one I didn't pump enough and when it ran out he went nuts. It was also a fast flow nipple so he was done in 5 minutes. Second one was a slower flow and that just ticked him off. He also ran out again. I tried to get him to take formula but he wasn't having any of that. (Can't say I blame him. I forgot how much that stuff REEKS!) I have no idea how much he eats in a sitting, but I haven't been able to pump a whole lot anyway. I get maybe 2-3 ounces each pumping session. Pumping three times to maybe get one bottle's worth of milk is not cool.
Sooooo, all that to say we decided it was in everyone's best interest to take him with us. We were going to be over an hour away, and stuck on a yacht for 4 hours, so it probably wasn't the best time to leave him for the first time.
Clara stayed the night with friends and had a great time. Robert did pretty well. The wedding took place on a yacht so it was pretty close quarters. Wouldn't you know it, he started fussing minutes before the ceremony started. I think he can sense my fear. We gave him a bottle and then started shoving puffs in his mouth to keep him quiet. For some reason they turned the a/c off and after a few minutes in the heat, he was done. We sat on the back row just in case I had to get up with him and I did end up going back to the bathroom with him right at the end and missed the last 2 minutes or so.
It was a nice dinner and Robert was happy for a good chunk of the time. He would get fussy every now and then, especially when we were out on the deck in the heat. It was fun trying to find a discreet place to nurse, but we survived. The boat docked at 10:15 pm and we got home around midnight. We were supposed to pick Clara up around 8:00 but we overslept and didn't wake up until that time. We were soooo tired. We were worthless the rest of the day. I did mow the back yard that night though. I gave Chris the weekend off.
We woke up a little late on Sunday but managed to make it to church on time. I took pictures of Chris and the little ones for Father's Day but it was so humid out the picture is all foggy. Chris chose to go to Pei Wei for lunch and then we had frozen yogurt for dessert.
After naps we decided to go see Shrek. I enjoyed it but I don't think it was as good as the others. Robert was good. Until the movie started. I guess he wasn't too terrible. He was just really restless and wouldn't nurse well. He eventually settled down and fell asleep and stayed asleep til the end.
You're a wonderful daddy, Chris! You work so hard to provide for all of us, making sure we're happy and comfortable. I don't tell you nearly enough, but I really do appreciate all that you do for us. We love you so much and are blessed to have you in our lives!
0 comments:
Post a Comment