Sunday, November 01, 2009

Have We Turned a Corner?

Clara has been just the sweetest thing lately, which is a vast change from the several months prior. She really had been pushing my buttons every chance she got. I'm not sure I mentioned it, but a few weeks ago, she was mad at me because she didn't get to stay for lunch after ladies bible class. On the drive home she told me she didn't love me anymore. And to drive the point home further, she said that she still loved Daddy though.

But now? Now she's full of loving words. On the way to church today she told me I was gorgeous. She's given me tons of her Halloween candy and has been loving on my belly for the past week or so. She'll just come up and pull my shirt up and talk to the baby for a while, then give it hugs and kisses. She's been perfect at my last two midwife appointments and sitting still and quiet during church. She's getting right into her carseat without a fight and listening so well when we ask her to do something.

So, tell me this isn't just a phase as the baby gets closer to being here. If it is, any pointers on how to get the sweet child back after her sibling gets here would be much appreciated. Thankfully, the baby did think ahead and get his/her big sister a gift for the big day, so hopefully he/she will get some good mileage out of that.

Oh btw, there's a poll to the right so you can take a guess as to what this baby's gonna be.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, Miss Kelsey, I have to say that I enjoy reading about your pregnancy and hearing about Clara!
I have tried really hard not to write cuz I tend to do that a lot. Laura can testify to that!
Truly, it is so fun to follow both of your pregnancies! Both babies are extremely lucky to have 2 wonderful mommys!!
(I only know of you from what you write plus you are cousin to Laura...so you must be a pretty good person!!)
Kids go through so many phases in life! I am sure that Clara is fine. Her behavior the past few weeks have probably just been her way of expressing her own anxieties of having to share her mommy for the first time ever, right? That's a pretty tough thing to realize. Clara will be a wonderful big sister! She sounds like a very sweet young lady!
Well done, mommy Kelsey!
You and your cousin rock!!!

Pat and Laura Potter said...

Hi Kelsey,
You look great and baby will be here in no time! I am very excited for you, Chris and Clara!! I voted for a girl...have no reasoning really, just a feeling?? I have no intuition on what I am having, so I am probably wrong. Guess we will find out soon! Best of Luck- you are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Kelsey said...

Thanks Momma B! And don't worry about not knowing me; write away. I have several readers that I've never met and just know through other people. I have blogs I read that I don't know the people either. I just love getting peeks into other people's lives.

Same to you Laura! Can't believe we're so close. I'm on pins and needles now ready to meet this baby.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kelsey!!
It is fun to read other people's blogs! I have learned a lot about Texas from ya'lls blogs!
Hey! Be sure to give yourself a rest every now and then! I am excited to learn about your baby, too! Oh, by the way, I love the photos of you and the baby to be. very sweet, especially the one with Clara and dad with you.
Bless ya.

Linda Judd said...

I like your new decor! Hmmmm. I wonder if getting rid of the pink is prophetic? Sorry . . . baby is on my mind. Every time the phone rings I think it might be THE call!

Anonymous said...

Your new blog look is great.

Your new body look is great too!

Nana in the north

Anonymous said...

I just now realized we could "vote."

I voted "girl."

Want me to pick the name out too??? Picking girls names is easier than picking boys names.

Love,

Nana in the orth

Mommy said...

Oh, Nana in the North, don't worry. Leah has already named "her" Amy and Clara has latched on to that. LOL

BTW, Kels, I thought last night was THE night?

Kelsey said...

Yeah, me too Becky. Turns out it was just the burrito talking. Once my stomach forgave me for Chipotle, the contractions stopped.