I just had to get on here and brag on myself for my accomplishments this weekend. I finally had the garage sale that I've been putting off for a year now. And I didn't do half bad. I had no idea what to expect since I've never done one before, but I ended up making over $200.
After the garage sale, we boxed everything up and donated it, so my house is officially clutter free. Mostly. We went and got a late lunch and then made our way to Academy to spend our hard earned money on a tent and air mattress.
Home for a nap and then we took Clara to a sitter and went to dinner at The Melting Pot for our anniversary. It was soooo good. When we got there, there was an anniversary card on the table signed by all the employees. I told Chris that I had gotten a card for him, but I left it at home. He said that it was ok. He left mine at home too. Eleven years and we still don't have this kind of stuff figured out.
This morning, even after losing an hour of sleep and stuffing our faces 'til late last night, we managed to get up for early service. I had a lot of cleaning up to do this afternoon to get ready for connection group tonight. The house was a complete wreck due to getting ready for the garage sale. I still found time to squeeze a nap in AND, the best part of my day just happened moments ago when I finished preparing our taxes.
Life is good.
Sunday, March 08, 2009
A Picture Free Post
Posted by Kelsey at 10:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hooray for you! I REALLY need to have a garage/yard sale, but the weather here is not cooperating. We have about 4" of snow right now...and it is almost Spring Break! I just keep shoving unwanted stuff in the garage but am quickly running out of space. I am almost done with the playroom and will get some pictures posted soon. I think that painting squares on a textured wall would be fine. Ours are a little textured, I am not sure how textured yours are- but if you stenciled on them I would think it would be fine. Happy Anniversary too! TTYL-
Post a Comment