I need to start writing down some of the stuff Clara's been coming up with lately. I'm always left shaking my head, wondering what the heck she's talking about. I usually figure out some strange connection she's made in her head, but sometimes she just leaves me baffled.
Here's one from today:
Clara: "I'm two."
Me: "No, you're three. Remember, you had a birthday."
Clara: "I gon't want to be three. I have a birthday and I be two."
Me: "Sweetie, you can't go back to being two. You'll be four on your next birthday. You'll never be one or two again." (this kinda stung me when I said it.)
Clara: "No, I'm two. I gon't want to eat peanut butter jelly sandwich. It gives me owies."
And now for the backstory. In an effort to hold off giving her pb&j's, I told her awhile back that she could have peanut butter when she was three. On her birthday, when she first woke I told her happy birthday. She responded with "I get to have peanut butter jelly sandwiches!!" So anyway, I guess going back to two gets her out of consuming the poison I promised she could have when she was three.
-------
We were playing with her wooden blocks in Carlsbad. You know the rectangular ones with a semi circle cut out of one side? Well, we stacked two together and it made an "O" in the center. She said something about the rooster sitting on it. We were all scratching our heads on that one.
I figured out what she might be talking about and had to go check to make sure. She loves the Robin Hood movie right now. The beginning of Robin Hood is the old fashioned Disney beginning where the narrator is talking and you see the pages of the storybook turning. The rooster, who is the narrator, is sitting inside an ornate "O" from the first line of the story which reads "Once upon a time."
--------
Last month when we first started working on saying "excuse me" instead of "HEY!", Clara had a few funny moments. On one car ride, she wanted to get our attention while we were talking.
Us: No doubt carrying on some intelligent conversation.
Clara: "Excuse me."
Us: Continuing to expound on stuff.
Clara: "Excuse me."
Us: Ok, now we're probably ignoring her. But c'mon. She's not even giving us time to finish the sentence we started.
Clara: "Excuse me!"
Us: "Yes Clara?"
Clara: "Look at me!!"
Repeat that same scenario not two minutes later, but when we finally ask her what she needs, she's quiet for a few seconds and then says "Uhhhhhh" followed by a good 5 seconds of jibberish.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Clara Conversations
Posted by Kelsey at 9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I should really write more things down that my kids say too. Mac would refer to fog (outside) as "froggy" He's say "mom it's froggy outside"
Lilly calls it "frost" and says "momma it's frosty outside"
I think it's funny that both of my kids have different sayings for some of the same things...no matter how many times we correct them! It's cute!
Post a Comment