On a side note, I realized I say alrighty a little too much. The youngun' has started repeating it. I added a couple more posts about the trip, but they appear after the post about our drive home if you feel inclined to check them out.
Back to the present. This morning I decided to call the doctor since Clara has had a runny nose and cough in the mornings for a week and a half. Also, her mucous was green this morning. So, I'm on the phone listening to a recorded message, "Phones are answered at 7:45, yada yada yada", when Clara comes into the kitchen bringing me her diaper. I put it back on her real quick, feed her breakfast and then head upstairs to do something.
She followed me upstairs a minute later and I hear her banging at the gate. This is the view that greeted me. After I snapped the picture, I smelled that oh so familiar smell.
Oh no ya don't Missy. As soon as we're back to our normal routine and over our sickness we're doing that potty training thing again. Wish me luck.
Speaking of getting back to normal, Clara's been really clingy since our return home, but not to me. To Daddy. Chris has been working really long hours while we were gone and since we've been back. She just cries and cries whenever he leaves for work. It's the saddest thing. Poor thing thinks she won't see him for another two weeks I guess.
I was able to get Clara into the doctor this afternoon. While checking her ears, the doctor says she can't see into them because there's so much wax. So she gets out a little tool and starts a diggin'. It was nasty all the crud she pulled out. The first ear took a while to get everything out and finally she pulled out a big 'ol piece that made Clara cry because it also pulled out hairs with it and bled a little. The second one came out in one big clump a little smaller than a pea! What on earth! No wonder she's been disobedient. She couldn't hear us when we told her no. I expect a complete change in behavior once she's better :)
Once she got all the gunk out of ear number two, she informed me that there was an infection in that ear. This is our first. Either it's not really bad or this child has a really high pain tolerance because she hasn't acted sick at all. She's had the snotty nose and cough, but that hasn't slowed her down a bit. The doctor said the infection was probably caused from all the drainage she's had.
Afterward, Mommy took Clara to Coldstone for some sorbet since the mean 'ol doctor made her cry.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Alrighty, I'm All Caught Up
Posted by Kelsey at 11:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow! Comment number 1 is interesting :-)
Actually, I ran it through Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) just to see what it sort-of-said. I discovered it translates best as Portuguese to English, and it's an ad. What a disappointment.
Kelsey, I agree. It's potty-training time! Think you can have it done before we come for Christmas ;-)
Hugs!
Post a Comment